Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4.11.2011

stringing pearls

i am so sick right now. i guess that's what i get for having lunch with my (apparently very contagious) mom. but forced house arrest gives me some time to do some reading, drinking tea and generally lazing about :p

i was working on stringing a bunch of pearl necklaces last week for a client. surprisingly i had never really done that before. sure, i can use fire and hammers and hot ovens, but tying knots around pearls - that i hadn't done.

it was an amazingly infuriating process. my needle kept snapping, and the thread kept getting tangled, and i basically wanted to gouge my eyes out rather than continue. i now have a new found respect for people who do this kind of thing regularly.

enjoy the warm weather for me readers, i shall enjoy the comfort of my bed.

No comments: